The need to manage and process meter data is critical to a utility’s billing process for those customers where the tariff is based on calculations on the interval metering data.
What is Meter Data Management? The definition of Meter Data Management (MDM) covers many aspects of managing metering data received - from meter data retrieval systems to the delivery of the data to other systems. Managing the data includes gathering the data from multiple sources and providing it in a consistent manner to downstream systems, after ensuring the data has been verified through a set of business rules or logic.
We’ve been providing meter data management services for over 15 years, and the systems and processes used have proven to be robust and reliable, without a single reading being lost.
With smart meters and more complex rate structures, the volume of metering data available is growing exponentially. The time frames from reading the meter to producing the energy bill have also reduced dramatically. It is under these market conditions that we develop our custom solutions.
- We support over 40 000 meters, the largest installed base of automatically interrogated meters in Southern Africa, having implemented Eskom’s AMR system – Itron MV-90.
- We provided support for both NamPower’s and Electricidade de Moçambique’s Itron MV-90 AMR systems.
- Eskom uses our ENYGMA Meter Data Management solution, enabling easy meter data analysis and a reliable data feed to the billing system on a monthly basis.
- We developed the Load Studies Data Store, a central master data management system for the South African National Load Research programme.
- We developed and implemented the National Measurement and Evaluation Centre (NMEC) Energy Efficiency Measurement and Verification (M&V) system, used to administer the nationwide DSM initiative.
- Smart metering systems. Netinium universal head-end system supports all smart meter types and integrates into utility billing systems, e.g. Itron and Oracle.